Monday, May 9, 2011

Mac Skin Base Visage Primer Review

So let me be the first to say I HATE primers. They always make either more greasy, or too matte, or they clog my pores and break me out! Well...I've met my match! I'm in love with this primer. I can't say HG yet until I repurchase...but for now I love it!

I got it in a kit that a purchased from mac. When I pumped it out on my hand it kind of felt greasy, so I set it aside for about a month. One day on a whim I figured I'd just try it, and from then it was love.

It pumps out white and feels kinda greasy but goes on matte, however it's not a mattifying primer. Of course my face felt smooth like it does with all primers but It made my makeup last ALL day with such a natural finish! I couldn't believe it. Now when I'm wearing liquid foundation it's an absolute must!
I have oily/combination skin that's acne prone so I thought for sure that this would break me out or go greasy like I did with Smashbox Photofinish, but neither occurred. I've been using the product for about a month now and I adore it! You get an ounce for $26.00...I don't love the price but not as bad as Smashbox.

BOTTOM LINE: I LOVE this primer and recommenced it to people of ALL skin types but especially those with oily skin looking to extend the longevity of their liquid foundations. It's not mattifying, but it does seem to keep some oil at bay which I do notice and appreciate. I've read people say there's glitter in the product...no there's not. I've NEVER seen a glimpse of glimmer/shimmer on my face after using this prodcut, like NOTHING.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

XOXO CallieGirl

Image Source: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment